With Pinkstones Used Car Centre, you can relax knowing that all of the used cars we sell in our Stoke on Trent dealership have already been HPI cleared, thoroughly inspected for any problems, serviced and valeted to a high standard.
Tops areas to ask about when buying a used car include:
- HPI – Without a HPI check, there is no guarantee of the car’s history. A HPI check will reveal if the car has been previously crashed or written off. It’s important to know this as it could cause problems for the new buyer further down the line.
- Rust – Some makes and models of cars are prone to areas of rust, so if you’re buying a used car it is worth learning if the car you’re interested in has any rust/areas that could potentially develop rust. This way you can know where to look for it and you can stay vigilant about those areas during ownership, in order to keep the car in excellent condition.
- Extended Warranties – Extended warranties are recommended for any vehicle which is either due to have its warranty expire, or has just expired, as the extended warranty will help protect any unexpected failures. This can save you money in the long term, so it is always worth asking if an extended warranty is available for the used car you’re interested in. An extended warranty will also mean your car has a higher re-sale value due to the additional protection that it offers.
- Reviews – Doing some research online can help you decide if a car is for you. Check out official reviews from places such as What Car?, Auto Express, AutoCar, the AA and the RAC as-well as any owner reviews that you can find.
- Which Fuel? Petrol, hybrid, diesel – which one is best for you? If you’re not sure then ask your salesman for guidance. Diesel can be a good choice if you expect to have high mileage mostly on the motorway; however for town or city drivers, either an economical petrol or a hybrid car will be a better solution.
- Part Exchange – When you come to part exchange your own car, ensure you have the full service history records, the MOT certificates, locking wheel nuts and handbook – simples things which can give you a higher value! It’s also advisable to give the car a deep clean inside and out to help it look its best. Sites such as webuyanycar or Autotrader will give you an indication of your car’s value but ultimately you will need a salesman to evaluate your car at our dealership as the websites only give an estimate.
- Finance – Financing a car is the most popular way to purchase a car and we are able to offer finance options such as the popular PCP which means that you have a lower deposit and monthly payment.
- Cash Purchase – For those that prefer to buy a car upfront in full, we are able to do cash purchases and this can work out as the cheaper option in the long term.
If you have any queries about any of our cars, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will assist you in any way we can.