Used Cars Buying Guide
With Pinkstones Used Cars, you can relax knowing that all of the used cars we sell in our Stoke on Trent dealership have already been HPI cleared, thoroughly inspected, serviced and valeted to a high standard before being offered for sale.
As a guide, here are some areas to consider or ask about, when buying a used car:
- HPI – Without a HPI check, there is no guarantee of the car’s history. A HPI check will reveal if the car has been previously crashed or written off. It’s important to know this as it could cause problems for the new buyer further down the line.
- Extended Warranties – Extended warranties are recommended for any vehicle which is either due to have its warranty expire, or has just expired, as the extended warranty will help protect any unexpected failures. This can save you money in the long term, so it is always worth asking if an extended warranty is available for the used car you’re interested in. An extended warranty will also mean your car has a higher re-sale value due to the additional protection that it offers.
- Which Fuel? Petrol, hybrid, diesel, or fully electric – which one is best for you? If you’re not sure, then ask your salesman for guidance. Diesel can be a good choice if you expect to have high mileage mostly on the motorway; however, for town or city drivers, an economical petrol, hybrid or fully electric car will be a better solution. MG offer a new fully electric SUV with a 7 year warranty, and there are more charging points available now than ever before. Ask our expert team for details and advice.
- Part Exchange – When you come to part exchange your own car, ensure you have the full service history records, the MOT certificates, locking wheel nuts and handbook. It’s also advisable to give the car a deep clean inside and out to help it look its best to get the highest part exchange value given.
- Finance – Financing a car is the most popular way to purchase a car and we are able to offer finance options such as the popular PCP, which means that you have a lower deposit and monthly payments. If you are unfamiliar with the various finance options, we’ll explain clearly how they all work and their benefits, so you can make an informed decision.
If you have any queries about any of our cars, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will assist you in any way we can.